Saturday, July 19, 2008

This is why the city wants to move the downtown drop-off site:



Our city recycling drop-off sites are not trash dumps, but some people aren't getting the message.

It's no wonder the city wants to move the site to a "secure" location: people are probably dumping in the middle of the night. That also means, however, residents can't use the drop-off site at any time.

If you see someone pulling this kind of thing, please let us know. Because of the people who do this kind of thing, we may not have recycling sites at all.

1 comment:

Nickie said...

That makes me sad. I've seen the messes that people have left behind at times when I'm driving by or dropping off recyclables. I grab what I can, when I can...but I sure keep a look out to see if I can catch anyone in the act!
It would be a great inconvenience to me if the site moved.